Published: 13:45 GMT Daylight Time - Thursday 22 September 2011
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #39
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, France, Australia, Belgium
Paris Muslims ignore praying in street ban
Hundreds of Muslims took to streets in Paris to pray at the weekend, ignoring a new government ban on outdoor prayer.
UK: Songs of Praise may “explore non-Christian faiths”
Songs of Praise, the BBC’s flagship religious programme, may feature non-Christian faiths for the first time in its 50-year history.
Sharia court opens in Belgium
A sharia court has been established in Antwerp, Belgium by a radical Muslim group called Sharia4Belgium.
Australia: Council backs women-only functions
Men were banned from attending two council functions in Victoria, Australia, because “it is not appropriate” for men to mix with Muslim women.
- Pray that the moves by an Islamist group to create a parallel Islamic legal system in Belgium will be reversed.
- Pray that councils in Australia will not give in to Muslim pressure to implement segregation at public events.
- Pray that the few programmes on UK television with Christian content, such as Songs of Praise, will continue to focus on Christianity.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 25 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 08 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 8Barnabas weekly newsletter 15 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 28 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 06 May 2011 - 3 years ago