Published: 00:00 GMT Standard Time - Monday 07 November 2011
Feeding persecuted Christians
Monaza is a mother of five children. Her husband is unable to work owing to poor health. To support her family, she had to get a job as a domestic worker, a dangerous position for a vulnerable Christian woman in Pakistan.
Barnabas Fund has been working in Pakistan to help change lives of impoverished Christian families by providing them with monthly food parcels. This allows the families to use their meagre income to send their children to school, thus breaking the cycle of poverty and illiteracy. They can also meet other needs. Monaza can now buy medicine for her husband.
Our brothers and sisters in Iraq have become the target of threats, bombings, kidnapping, rape and murder. As Muslim extremists attempt to “cleanse” the country of Christians, thousands of families have fled their homes for relatively stable parts of northern Iraq and to the nearby countries of Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.
Many Christian families in Africa, Asia and the Middle East go to bed hungry.
Poverty and discrimination can mean that Christian families suffer hunger more intensely than other sections of the population. Others become destitute when they have to flee from natural disaster or anti-Christian violence.
- Destitute Iraqi Christian refugees have left their homes and jobs as they flee anti-Christian violence
- Christian families in Egypt, Pakistan and the Holy Land impoverished through discrimination
- Christians in Zimbabwe are suffering under massive inflation and the destruction of the country’s agricultural sector
- Christians in other parts of Africa are affected by drought and famine
Around 75,000 Christians received feeding supplies through Barnabas Fund between July 2010 and June 2011. But the need continues...
“Look at me ... because of this food programme, I am alive and healthy! Thank you!” A Christian Pakistan
Support Barnabas Fund
per month helps a needy Christian family in Pakistan with nutritious food
per month provides a family of Iraqi Christian refugees in Syria with food and other basic needs
- Pray for our brothers and sisters around the world who are suffering from poverty and persecution and are struggling to afford food for their families.
- Praise God for the impact the Barnabas Feeding Fund has on the lives of Christians around the world and ask the Lord to continue to pour out His blessing on the feeding programmes it supports, enabling more families to get out of crippling poverty.