Every doctor in the hospital had Covid simultaneously – that was the appalling situation in a Christian hospital in Uganda earlier this year. Africa is still in desperate need of basic PPE equipment – equipment that will save lives.
Praise God that Barnabas Fund has been given around 50 million pieces of Covid PPE by a Western government, worth £25 million ($33m; €30m). Barnabas Fund’s role is to transport the PPE in 40 shipping containers to Christian hospitals who are eagerly waiting in:
First container is on its way
The door-to-door transport of the contents of one shipping container will cost about £12,000 ($16,000; €14,000). By the time you read this, God willing, the first container will have set out from Dublin for Kenya.
Can you donate to help cover the costs of sending this vital PPE to where it is so desperately needed? The shipping costs are just one penny for each piece of PPE.
Through our medical.gives and food.gives projects we are providing for the needs of our brothers and sisters around the world, with God’s help and yours. We have sent:
- containers of food parcels from the UK to Pakistan and the Middle East;
- containers of chickpeas from Australia to Jordan;
- containers of mixed aid from Australia to Tonga, after the underwater volcano eruption and tsunami;
- containers of aid from the US and UK to help refugees from Ukraine in neighbouring countries, and those in Ukraine itself;
- more than 400 tonnes of ePap (nutrient-rich maize porridge) from South Africa to Madagascar, Zimbabwe, Eswatini and Mozambique – which is enough ePap to restore health to 200,000 malnourished children and adults.
Can you help keep these vital supplies flowing around the world?
Your gift could save a life
In a world racked by Covid, natural disasters, violence and hunger the need to sustain our Christian brothers and sisters has never been greater.
Your gift towards shipping costs of life-sustaining aid could save the lives of Christian brothers and sisters who face poverty and persecution.
Literally every penny counts.
£10 ($13; €12) could ship 1,000 pieces of Covid PPE from Europe to Africa
£45 ($60; €54) could ship 100 monthly family food boxes from the UK to Namibia
£12,000 ($16,000; €14,000) could cover the cost of sending one shipping container of Covid PPE door-to-door